Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Filthy Fifty Free Fallin' Fajitas.

[Click to enlarge... I love this list.]

"When you have a passion for what you do, happiness embraces you. You will find joy everyday, no matter what comes your way."

So, this morning I almost died. Yep. The Filthy Fifty is slightly brutal, especially when one is getting back into the swing of things. I actually had planned on going to yoga this morning, but I seriously was not in the mood. I wanted to go kick my @*% at Crossfit instead. So I did and man, it felt amazing in a painfully, but euphoric sort of way, of course. Let's break it down:


Filthy Fifty

50 Box jumps

50 Jumping pull ups

50 Kettle bell swings

50 Walking Lunges

50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press
50 Back extensions
50 [20 lb] Wall ball shots [I used a 12 lb ball]
50 Burpees
50 Double Unders
For time.

Let's just say... I finished alive. Praise God. I also signed up today to go skydiving for my 2nd time!!! This morning when I walked in to workout I noticed on the whiteboard a little list where they're trying to get a group together to go in late January. I was, let's just say, more than excited... I seriously cannot wait! Woo Hoo! I also managed to stay paleo today, except for a Dos Equis I had at El Ranchito tonight for a friend's birthday. I also had some super yummy grilled shrimp fajitas and veggies [without the tortillas].

[Pardon my French, but I really like that quote.]

[I like that one, too.]

On another note, when we got home from dinner Rylee and I had a "talk". It was actually me doing most of the talking, but you get the idea. Let me explain... On our walk back home Rylee was not making very good choices... yelling down the sidewalk, talking with an attitude, and she even screamed once as well. I was not too happy with the decisions she was choosing to make, especially since we live in a pretty nice and quiet neighborhood where a lot of people leave their windows open at night. I let her know that as soon as we got home we would be having a "talk" and so that is just what we did. When I was finished she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I'm so glad we had this talk... If we hadn't then I would just keep doing things I'm not supposed to and never get better. You're such a sweet mommy." And then she gave me a hug. Oh my goodness... Any ounce of frustration or anger I had just a few minutes before was instantly gone. What a precious sweetheart! How can she be so precious and then turn into such a stinker?! I guess we all have our moments, huh... ;) Gosh, I just love that little girl.

I hope everyone had a super happy Tuesday! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment