Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day Eighteen: Sore is a Four Letter Word.

[December 2009 @ Atomic CrossFit... Stafford, Texas]

WOW. Can we say sore??? I woke up yesterday after doing my first wod in months and I was kinda sore, but I woke up this morning and yikes! I'm pretty sure every inch of my body hates me right now, but it's all for its own good. I'm going back in today for Helen [Three rounds for time- 400 meter run...21 kettle bell swings...12 pull-ups]. Maybe I'll work some of this soreness out. The crazy thing is I didn't really feel like I did that intense of a workout on Monday [3 rounds for time- 500 meter row, 12 push press @ 65#, 12 box jumps 20", and 12 sumo dead lift high pull w 30# kb plus the warm up of 400m run and 2 rds of 5 pull ups, 5 push ups, 15 squats, 10 sit ups, and samson stretch]. I mean, I definitely felt it and totally got my butt kicked, but I still wasn't expecting to be this sore... BUT it honestly feels great! Seriously, I kinda really like the feeling of being sore. It was something I had the privilege of feeling almost everyday growing up in competitive gymnastics and so it almost feels abnormal for me not to be sore at least somewhere on my body everyday. Ha! It's kind of a "homey" feel. ;) I have also managed to stay paleo so far today with exception of the half a sweet potato I had at lunch... so yay! I did some yoga yesterday and I will again tomorrow to help try and work out some soreness and to help my body recover... and then back for another wod on Friday, hopefully! :)
Rylee's parent/teacher conference was today and I couldn't be more proud! She is doing wonderful academically and did excellent on her first report card! Her teacher also mentioned that she is a wonderful student in class and is so sweet, a great friend to others, a very hard worker, and a good listener. It's nothing I didn't know already, of course ;), but it is great to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks she is a fabulous little person. :) Can you see my proud, beaming smile right now?
Here are some pictures from our post-Thanksgiving meal at Lupe Tortilla in Houston with my mom and sister... Enjoy!! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment