Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day TwentyFive: My New Love.


Okay, a few months I fell in love and wrote a blog about my new favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's, but I may have found a new love last night. Yes, I think Mother's Market just may have stolen my heart. Don't get me wrong, of course, Trader Joe's will always have a special place in my heart. Mother's Market, however, has pretty much everything you could possibly think of and, in my opinion, the entire overall selection is so much healthier than Trader Joe's. I still think Trader Joe's has Mother's beat on price, but Mother's selection can't be beat! They even have whole fresh young coconuts [the ones you chop open with a machete!] and about 10 different other coconut water brands as well. I was in Heaven. I know you're dying to know what was on the list... So here it is!
  • Coconut water [I actually bought a brand I haven't tried, Amy&Brian's All Natural Coconut Juice. They were 6 for 6 bucks... Sold! I got four others to try and compare... ONE, VitaCoco, Zico, and Naked]
  • Raw almonds
  • Organic dark chocolate covered coconut
  • WineTime bars [dark chocolate, dates, and almonds...and with as much resveratrol as 50 glasses of red wine, 7 extra "super fruits"- cranberry, noni, pomegranate, goji berry, acai, mangosteen, and blueberry, 7 grams of fiber per bar, no trans fat, no hydrogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup, no art. sweeteners, colors, or preservatives, no choletserol, no dairy, and no gluten]
  • Walnut/date rolls
  • Fuji apples
  • Kiwis
  • Almond&Coconut bar
  • Satsuma tangerines
  • Oranges
  • The rest of the stuff I bought for Rylee and her school lunches and breakfast:
  • Organic berry juice
  • Organic apple sauce
  • Organic [gluten-free] kidz cereal
  • ClifKids bars & Clif Kids twisted fruit
  • Annie's all natural bunny graham crackers
  • Flourless sprouted 7-grain bread
  • And stuff to make all natural, gluten free, wheat free Christmas cookies :) We made them last night when we got home after dinner. They are so yummy and I didn't have to use any wheat flour, even when using the rolling pin! Here are some pictures of our Christmas cookie fun!



I obviously didn't get any meat this time. No, I am not a fruitarian, nor do I wish to be one, but my freezer and fridge are stocked full of fish, shrimp, turkey, chicken, veggies, eggs, and milk at the moment. ;) I was just doing a little restocking.

I will leave y'all with a super simple paleo dinner recipe:

Soft 'n juicy chicken
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- herbs (any combination of paprika, curry, ginger, kurkuma, garlic, etc)
-olive oil
- something to cook in

First figure out how many chicken breasts you can fit in your oven and your oven-dish. Then find a frying pan that will hold the same amount. Cover every inch of the meat with herbs. Heat up the frying pan and add your olive oil. Lay your chicken breasts in long enough for them to develop a nice brown herby skin. Transfer them from the frying pan to your oven-dish and cover it with aluminium foil (that's what keeps it so soft 'n juicy). Leave them in the oven for 30 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.

*Eat them for dinner with some veggies on the side, put them in a big lunch salad the next day or eat a piece cold for a snack.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment