Friday, December 3, 2010

Day Nineteen and Twenty: Tree Farms and Texans.


Yesterday we tried to keep old traditions alive and went to chop down a Christmas tree in the wilds of Orange County. The navigation system was so good it took us directly to the family's house on the Christmas tree farm instead of the actual entrance to the tree farm that we were trying to go to. Slightly hilarious. We turned down a very nice residential street, drove all the way to the dead end, and up a very steep dirt road [surrounded by overgrown trees] until we arrived at this little old house on top of a hill with a pretty fantastic view. We were greeted by 4 angry barking dogs, about a dozen 4wd pickup trucks, an amazing view of the mountains, Christmas trees, and the suburbs of Southern California. We eventually found the correct entrance and our tree. Then we were off to go watch the game! Even the tree farm guy was rooting my Texans! It wasn't enough to pull them through, though... I wish it could be like in fantasy football where all you have to do to get a better defense is trade them in for another team's defense.

I did, however, manage to stay paleo yesterday and so far today. Yesterday, all together, I had almonds, scrambled egg whites, sushi [salmon and tuna], pistachios, a clementine, a lobster :), oysters on a half shell, and some broccoli and carrots. This morning I had some scrambled egg whites, a clementine, and right now I am drinking some hot organic pomegranate green tea [unsweetened]. I just got back from crossfit and my body is still not my best friend... I am still so sore! It was good to get the blood flowing and do some active recovery, at least. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!! :)



[The tree.]


[They do everything at this farm...Christmas trees, orange groves, horses, llamas, and oil.]




The End! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment