Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day Five: Pumpkin Bread and Sushi.




Yeah, so, yesterday had some good times and some not so good times...
I started off the morning with 3 scrambled egg whites, an orange, and some coconut water. I went to volunteer in my daughter's class at school and took some almonds for a snack for when I got hungry. This is where it starts getting a slightly ugly, er, um, I mean "non-paleo"... At lunch I had a cranberry, pecan, and spinach salad with blue cheese [yep, non-paleo] and some balsamic viniagrette dressing. It was super yummy and I had been doing so well with the "no dairy" rule I decided a little with my salad to add some protein would be fine. Boy, was I wrong. I am slightly lactose intolerant and so my body had been loving me ALL week until lunch yesterday. Oh my gosh, for the rest of the day my stomach absolutely hated me. Not cool, but life goes on so later for a snack I had some almonds and my dark chocolate covered almonds. For dinner I had some sushi [4 pieces of salmon, 2 pieces tuna all with ginger], some sweet potato [non-paleo, again], and avocado. SO yummy! That night I made pumpkin bread...way NON-paleo, for sure, but oh does it make the house smell so yummy!! I love the holidays! Soooo, of course, I had to have a piece, too. ;)
My day yesterday wasn't too bad, but it definitely wasn't too good either if you're basing it on whether I stayed paleo or not. Today hasn't been too bad, except for my pumpkin bread eating habit I started last night. I got to go workout and do some yoga this morning. We did trigger point massage with tennis balls for the last part of class. Let's just say, "ouch", but definitely a good ouch.
Here's how my meals have gone today:
Breakfast- 1 slice of pumpkin bread [give me a break... someone has to eat it!], raw almonds, 2 left over pieces of sushi [1 piece salmon, 1 piece tuna], and some coconut water.
Snack- raw almonds, hot green tea [unsweetened]
Lunch- Pesto crusted salmon from Longboards in HB [SO yummy!] with veggies [carrots and broccoli], and water
Snack- Raw almonds, few slices of mandarin, some coconut water, a half piece of pumpkin bread :), and the rest of my salmon from lunch
Dinner- ???? We will see. :) Rylee has swim lessons and then we're off to our local Barnes and Noble to go see Dwight from the Office at his book signing...Haha, Yeah! :)
-----------------------------------------------
P.S. I found this pretty cool website that lets you log in different types of foods and tells you what it ranks on the inflammatory/anti-inflammatory scale and everything else you could ever wish to know about what is in the food you eat. Pretty super cool...
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2019/2

1 comment:

  1. Did you get to meet Dwight?! How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete