Monday, November 15, 2010

Shocked by [Yoga] Shakti.







You know those few times in your life when it is so clearly evident where God is taking you or where He wants you to go? Yeah, so I had one of those days.


Let me explain. For the past 9 or 10 years I have been doing yoga and I absolutely love it. It is such a change of pace from my regular workouts and forces me to slow down, stretch, and relax. It gives me so much peace and freedom through learning how to quiet my mind. It really makes my heart happy. A few years ago I was approached by my yoga instructor, who was AWESOME, about how she thought I would do really well teaching yoga. She invited me to do a yoga training intensive for a few weeks, all day, everyday. From there you receive your certification through Yoga Alliance and begin your mentor program for about 6 more weeks. I was super interested, but was just not in a place in my life where I could just take off from work, etc. for a few weeks and spend ALL day doing yoga. So time passed I was a little bummed, but just figured if it was meant to happen it would. I didn't worry too much about it and life went on.


Since then and especially the last few weeks and months I have continued to feel this pull on my heart again toward teaching yoga. I currently do yoga about 4-5 times each week and it is such a highlight of my day/week. It makes me feel amazing and has definitely helped aid in my recovery from my back injury in August. This past week I started doing some research on becoming a yoga instructor through Yoga Alliance. Everything I kept reading was making it sound slightly super complicated as far as getting into a school, finding an instructor to sit under, and on and on. So, I kept looking stuff up and before I got frustrated I decided to take a step back and just "sit" on it for awhile. That was yesterday (Sunday).


Today, Rylee and I were just walking along the sidewalk and we were seriously the only people around for blocks when all of a sudden some random girl comes out of nowhere. She hands me a piece of paper and she says something like, "Here, I should give you this..." and with that she was gone. I look down and what do I see in my hand? The postcard read:
"Yoga Shakti Advanced Yoga Studies and Teacher Training- Become an Exceptional Yoga Instructor- Registered through Yoga Alliance"
WHAT?! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was as if God practically "handed" me the next step I needed to take! I seriously got chills, laughed out loud, and kept saying, "That is so weird! That is just crazy!"


I had basically come to a point where I didn't know what to do next to pursue this little passion of mine and the very next day God tells me clearly how to do it, where, and when. Haha! I called and spoke with the school today shortly after that crazy little experience and got more info on everything. I am so pumped and can't wait! It starts in late spring 2011 and is a 200 hour foundational training for 10 weeks at 20 hours per week. Upon graduating from the 10 week training intensive I will be ready to teach in gyms, health clubs, etc. ...and if I want to I have the option to begin a mentorship/assistant teaching program through Yoga Shakti where I will sit under an instructor that the school pairs me with for 6 weeks. After those 6 weeks I will be ready to teach in yoga studios anywhere I want.


God's timing is pretty miraculous and crazy. Anyway, that was just too crazy cool for me not to share with y'all and I am so super excited at the same time! Now if springtime would just hurry up already! ;)
------------------------------------------
And with that I will leave y'all with some yoga quotes...

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built.

Rumi

Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom, and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they're meant to be.

anon

REAL Peace is always unshakable... 'Bliss is unchanged by gain or loss'

Yogi Bhajan

Yoga is the fountain of youth. You're only as young as your spine is flexible.

Bob Harper

Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal.... But don't approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain.

Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois

By embracing your mother wound as your yoga, you transform what has been a hindrance in your life into a teacher of the heart.

Phillip Moffitt

If I'm losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher and God reaches down to steady me. It works every time, and not just in yoga.

T. Guillemets

Yoga is invigoration in relaxation. Freedom in routine. Confidence through self control. Energy within and energy without.

Ymber Delecto

Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind.

Patanjali

I was in yoga the other day. I was in full lotus position. My chakras were all aligned. My mind is cleared of all clatter and I'm looking out of my third eye and everything that I'm supposed to be doing. It's amazing what comes up, when you sit in that silence. "Mama keeps whites bright like the sunlight, Mama's got the magic of Clorox 2."

Ellen DeGeneres

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is really awesome! I am excited for you =) Nicole the Yoga instructor sounds jusssttt right! BTW at this very moment I am listening to Postal Service on your page, and could not be happier to hear it... ahhh. Will be here for another couple of minutes!


    Love, your seester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha I love you, too, seesterr!! :) At this moment in time I am listening to some cake...ahhh, how sweet it is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaskar, found your website...the last photo is me doing locust posture at Jericho beach in Vancouver Canada. www.harshitayoga.com

    Bless!
    Agni Ng

    ReplyDelete