Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day Six & Seven: Wine and Road Trips.



Wine, anyone?
For the past 2 nights I have helped myself to Pinot Grigio and White Zin. I love wine, but it's not so paleo, if ya know what I mean.
The night before last, after we went to Dwight's [Rainn Wilson and yep, that's him, mid-left, if you hadn't already noticed ;)] book signing, we went to BJ's for some dinner. I am a big fan of that place including their Thai shrimp lettuce wraps. Amazing. Mix in some wine and my very paleo meal became not so paleo anymore, but I honestly didn't care. Sometimes you just gotta have some wine and so I did.


Last night we were invited over to a friends house for some Texas Hold 'Em. I, again, had some more wine, but, hey, I dominated the table and represented Texas so it's all good, right?


Today is day one of our road trip and day seven of this little thing I committed myself to. I think after looking back over my first week I am pretty happy with how I did with the exception of a few things, of course, like pumpkin bread, wine, and bleu cheese. It could always be worse, right?


I LOVE road trips, but the food selection when you're on the road is usually somewhat limited on healthy food options. It will definitely be both a challenge and an adventure, but no worries, I thrive on both of those things.


We stopped for lunch earlier today... at McDonald's. I welcomed and conquered my first challenge. I ordered a fruit and walnut salad and a grilled chicken Caesar salad. I used about a fourth of the dressing and I didn't eat the yogurt. For what it was, it really wasn't bad and I was able to stay paleo... at McDonald's. :) For dinner we ate at good ol' Juicy's Famous River Cafe off Route 66 on the border of California and Arizona in the Mohave Desert. I am proud to say I stayed paleo once again! Rylee [entirely on her own] even ordered fish and veggies instead of her favorite macaroni and cheese and opted out of the fries. She said, "It's healthier and I want to be healthy." I was such a proud mommy. :)

Enjoy the rest of the photos from day one of our Thanksgiving road trip! :) I will keep y'all updated on our travels and continue to post on my paleo adventure. Hope everyone is having a nice pre-Thanksgiving weekend! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment