Monday, November 29, 2010

Day Sixteen: CrossFit, 'Dre, and a True Story.


[I don't think I will ever get used to seeing this everyday ;]

I totally got my butt beat at CrossFit today, but boy did it feel amazing. I almost forgot what it felt like to ignore that little voice in my head and push through my own weakness. I definitely have a long way to go before I am back to where I was before my awesome back injury, which is definitely more than frustrating. Right now I am just so happy and thankful to have the honor of getting my butt kicked once again.

In other news, I don't think Cortland Finnegan of the Tennessee Titans can say the same thing. First of all, Tennessee is my absolute LEAST favorite team out of the entire NFL. For years, after the Oilers moved to Nashville, I haven't cared for them. I cannot stand how they play football... They play dirty with hardly much class at all. No wonder why they have employed one of the most disliked and dirtiest players of the NFL... lack of class. This is obviously just my opinion and I do not wish to offend anyone... So, I'm sorry all you Titans fans out there... Well, kinda. ;)

I will say, however, that I am proud of Andre. Is what he did okay by "moral" standards? Probably not... But what he did was not just a release for him, but for all Houston Texans fans everywhere. For years we have been watching a great mediocre football team with an extremely talented and classy group of guys who for one reason or another just can't seem to make it to the next level. As a fan it is so frustrating year after year, yet I will be a fan to the bitter end. I can only imagine what it might feel like for Andre, who has only ever played for the Texans and is one of the best players in the NFL, to have not once made it to the playoffs in all his years playing professionally. Thank you to the NFL for not suspending him. Finally, being "the nice guy" actually does pay off. Due to Andre's class, good standing, and his lack of issues in the past he will be playing in Thursday's game against the Eagles. Thank you, Andre for bringing some emotion and fire back into our team. What he did may not have been the "right" thing to do, but I am so proud of what he did.


Moving along... I stayed paleo again today! Yay! Well, all except for the half of a sweet potato I had at dinner. I had the usual: Coconut water throughout the day plus regular water and egg whites and fruit for breakfast. For lunch [above] I had a crazy amazing salad and some fresh fruit and coconut water from Jan's Health Bar in downtown Huntington Beach. That place rocks my socks! For dinner I had carrots, broccoli, squash [not sure if that's paleo, but oh well], grilled turkey breast, and sweet potato. I also had some fruit and nuts for my snacks.

Okay, so I will leave y'all with a little story regarding the my least favorite team... True story. I dislike them so much that one day while browsing the aisles in a Target [in the city of Houston, Texas... I will not disclose the exact location to protect the innocent ;)] I came to the sports merch aisle and what do I see??? In the middle of ALL the Houston Texans merchandise I spot Titans gear!!! What the HECK?! So, what do I do? That's simple, of course. I spot an empty ice chest at the end of the aisle... I open it up and load the ice chest full of all the Titans merchandise that existed in the midst of the Texans merchandise aisle. Who was in charge there? Who in their right mind would think it's okay to have Titans merchandise on sale in HOUSTON in the middle of the Texans merch aisle??? Target, I am disappointed in you. I love you, but not your actions. I forgive you, I do, but please don't ever do something like that again. Thank you. ;)

[You may purchase the awesome shirt above by following this link: http://htxsmackgear.bigcartel.com/product/anti-titans-girls-pink-tank]

No comments:

Post a Comment