Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Four: Paleo Revision.














Okay, so I know I "committed" myself to this Paleo thing, but what I think I was more after was eating anti-inflammatory foods and staying away from the pro-inflammatory foods [which there are sooo MANY]. I am SO afraid my body will lose the ability to metabolize and digest complex carbs if I completely abstain from ALL of them so I keep feeling the need to add back in just a couple... Such as 1 or 2 small servings of complex carbs [maybe a sweet potato and some beans, lentils, or oatmeal?] a day and maybe every once and awhile a cheeseburger, of course. ;) In all seriousness, though, some people have asked... I am not doing this to lose weight [I'm quite happy and content with myself, aesthetically speaking ;)], but my concern is for my overall long term health, well being, and my inflamed body. I can seriously tell such a HUGE difference already just since Sunday with how I physically feel. My joints and body aren't achy at all [woo hooo! They usually are and I didn't even realize how much they were until now], I have a ton of energy [I usually do, but I have definitely had a significant increase], my mind is super clear, and I have not had any strong desire for any non-paleo foods... which is pretty darn amazing actually. I have been completely satisfied and content, which is super important to me if it is going to be a part of my everyday life. I LOVE to eat and want to love what I am eating and be excited about eating and enjoy eating... not dreading what I have to eat or feel like I'm depriving myself from something. I like my freedom. ;) ...in ALL things, so naturally I like to have freedom in what I eat, too.

So, friends I believe what I am doing is revising my "Paleo" lifestyle commitment to a "Paleo/Anti-Inflammatory" lifestyle... Sorry to disappoint all you sold out Paleo people! ;) That way I am not eliminating an entire food group, but adding in just enough to allow my body to remember what a complex carb is so when I do decide to eat a carb my body won't completely freak out and will know what to do with it.


Here is what what my day looked like:


Breakfast- Almond/macadamia nut bar, clementine, coconut water


Snack- 4 ounces salmon, clementine, cinnamon almonds, coconut water


Lunch- 6 ounces salmon, cinnamon almonds, kiwi, coconut water


Snack- dark chocolate covered almonds, cinnamon almonds


Dinner- Spiced chai tea [Yes, this had lots of sugar, which I am totally feeling right now as I write this, but it was soooo good and I was cold walking around at the fair, so there], Shrimp with lime, green curry, Thai lime leaf, sweet basil leaf, and eggplant [which I now know is actually a pro-inflammatory :( ]...and a little tiny bit of leftover rosemary apricot chicken salad, and some coconut water


Snack- Cinnamon almonds


Here's some food for thought. I posted below some links that explain the whole anti-inflammatory food thing versus the pro-inflammatory foods... Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment