Sunday, August 15, 2010

What a Pain in the Butt, I Mean...Back!

[I didn't have a front squat pic...so here is an OHS one instead]
Well, as of Thursday morning I am crippled. That's right. While doing front squats during Thursday's wod [5 sets of 5 reps at 106 lbs] I felt and heard a big [POP!]. My back completely gave out on me! I was at the very bottom of my 2nd to last rep on my very last set and [BAM!]. Not exactly sure how "bad" it actually is, but this is NOT fun. I have it narrowed down to either a low back strain, sprain, or a disc injury.
AHHHHHH!!!! Why, oh, WHY??!
Haha...Seriously, I do know there is a reason for everything, BUT [booo hooo...sniffle sniff].
Okayyyyy, I'm done feeling sorry for myself.
I have just about 10 weeks until I am supposed to run a 1/2 marathon and do another fitness competition! So, now my training schedule has to be put on hold somewhat [BOOOO] as it is quite uncomfortable at the moment to walk, sit, lay down, let alone run. Although, this in NO way means I have stopped working out, walking, sitting, laying down, etc. I must keep active so I can get better...I just need to kill my stubbornness and take it a little easy for a while. I'm usually either an all in or not at all kinda girl...so this will be a challenge [fo sho]. I am just thankful to be able to walk and still be mobile, as I know it could be a lot worse. Thank you, Jesus.
So far I have been icing it multiple times each day, doing yoga [excluding back positions/stretches and anything else that doesn't feel right], modified crossfit, walking, and foam rolling it. I am, however, incredibly anxious to get my back healthy asap so I can get back to business as usual. Please pray for quick healing if it happens to cross your mind! I would be so thankful!! :)

Okay, enough of that! Here are some pictures from Rylee's gymnastics show! I couldn't be more proud of her and I LOVE to see her joy, excitement, and confidence doing something she loves...which makes me even more happy! :)









































Shortly after getting home this is what happened...
Haha...AND she still told me [after she woke up], "I wasn't sleeping!" :)
-----------------------------
Healthy Life Tip of the Day:
Sugar impairs the immune system! Stay away from simple sugars and choose complex carbs like whole grains or even better, sprouted grains. Sugar also causes your blood sugar to spike leaving your body unable to metabolize fat efficiently and slowing your metabolism. Start gradually, especially if you're a sugar addict, and try eliminating sugary drinks first...and so on. Also, stay away from artificial sweeteners as much as possible and if you must sweeten something choose honey.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Nicole! I love the posts and the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete