Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We do not remember days; we remember moments.




I will first start off saying how blessed I feel.
I LOVE our neighbors!
The sweetest family lives next door to us and they have a little boy named Gunner...Rylee's best bud. Rylee and Gunner even have a "handshake" [haha] and yes, they are SO precious together. It makes me so happy to see her so happy...and it brings back great memories from when I was her age. My childhood best friend growing up [Becca] lived right next door to me and we were inseparable. Gunner has 2 brothers and a sister and Becca also had 2 brothers and a sister...a similarity I think Rylee loves since she's an only child.

^^Becca and me way back when I was Rylee's age ^^

So, last night I randomly flipped to this "Cheerleader Nation" show about their Nationals experience and it completely flooded my mind with some of the best memories I have ever had.
It made me miss flying.
It made me miss that feeling of those 2.5 minutes out on that floor that you spend ALL year working so, so hard for.
It made me miss the bond our squad had [and I guess in some cool way we still have;].
This is what a nerd I am:
I even got nervous for them [some random team I don't even know] before and during their routine!? Literally. I felt butterflies and I even heard myself say [out loud], "Yes!" "Good job!" when they landed tumbling passes and stuck their stunts. Yep, I'm a nerd.


Here are some oldies, but goodies:


And last, but not least...I will leave y'all with some [more] pictures of the last few days!

Pajama Story Time at the Central Park Library



We stopped for ice cream on our way home!


We went to a kids' concert in the park...



We baked strawberry cupcakes with butter cream frosting for Dora the Explorer's birthday! We watched her birthday celebration on TV and helped ourselves to our yummy homemade treats!


We were invited by our neighbors to Movie Night with their church...it was outside and was set up like a drive-in. All the kids made cars they could sit in to watch the movie out of cardboard boxes. Rylee had a blast...and that is an understatement!


The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment