Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthdays, Piercings, and CrossFit.


For months I have thought about starting a blog, mostly to keep my awesome family and friends back home in Houston updated with my life on the west coast. SO, I am super excited to finally start blogging! Yay! Hopefully I won't bore you!! :) And please forgive any grammatical/spelling errors you may find!
So, wow...Our baby, Rylee, turned 5 years old this past Monday! What??! I still can't believe how old she is, but WOW! What a beautiful, amazing, sweet little...I mean BIG girl she is! She is such a good kid...so smart...happy...silly...caring...and strong willed (I have no idea where she gets that from...ha;)! I could not be more proud! For her birthday all she kept talking about was going to Disneyland and watching the fireworks and so that is what we did. Such a fun day! She got the chance to meet her favorite princess, Ariel, as well as Belle, Princess Liana, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. Goofy even called and sang Rylee Happy Birthday over the phone! She rode the teacups, Dumbo, the bobsleds...she even wanted to go on Space Mountain, but changed her mind after the first fast turn. She got off that ride very sure of herself saying, "I DID NOT LIKE THAT RIDE! I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!" We talked and she decided that she will try it again next year. We did tell her that we were so proud of her for even getting on it in the first place! I quickly took her to ride Dumbo to get the scary experience out of her mind as fast as I could. It seemed to work. The whole day was such a blast and was, of course, super magical...especially for Rylee. She told me so. ;)


OH! By the way, big girl Rylee has been asking for months to get her ears pierced. The answer has remained the same that if she could completely stop sucking her thumb by her 5th birthday she could get her ears pierced. Well, ladies and gentlemen, Rylee has real earrings as of 4.5 days ago and NO more thumb sucking!!!! WOOO HOOO!! (Well, at least not when I've been looking, but she knows if she's caught in the act she will get her earrings taken away! :)

Okay, so since we moved out here I have been working out doing the usual...yoga, running, dancing, kickboxing, etc. I have been doing everything, but crossfit...my long lost love. So a couple weeks ago I decided to finally go in and sign up. We went out of town the day after and got back this week so my first official day of crossfitting California style was yesterday (Thursday)...100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and 100 squats. Let's just say, my body is loving me right now! Not.



No comments:

Post a Comment